Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On not being a Bastard

At this time I feel it's worth reminding all readers that this blog is coming from the context and experience of a birth-father. As a result the focus is on arenas in which men are the silent minority. I know women have a hard time seeking gender equality. It's not a fair world. Men have a lot of advantages, especially so in the professional world. Just as a woman has the right, indeed the obligation, the speak up when discriminated against so, too, do I.

2 comments:

  1. NO YOU DON'T.

    Teeheehee. Couldn't resist. That's fair. I'm just waaaaay too used to being a girl to cut guys any slack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooooooo glad I found you!!! I found Lia's blog and saw you there and looked you up to see what your story is. YAY!!! I am so happy you are speaking out and I for one and happy to read your point of view. Thank you. I really wish our son's birthfather was in our son's life. We speak to his mom via facebook but not him. His choice. I hope in the future he will want to have a relationship with Sam and us. He is just heading into college in Sept. so I know alot may have to do with his age. I hope as his age changes so does his desire to know his son. We still send him birthday cards and now a graduation card to let him know we still love and care for him. I would love to hear if you have any advice.
    I read that you looked for info for birthfathers and found none, I did too :( I was sad there was none as well. So its awesome to have found you :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'm curious.